Top DWR Sites
- Director¹s Office
- Office of the Chief Counsel
- Public Affairs Office
- Legislative Affairs Office
- Office of Workforce Equality
- Delta and Statewide Water Management
- Regional Water Planning and Management
- Public Safety and Security
- State Water Project
- California Energy Resources Scheduling
- Business Operations
Our mission is to protect the quality of the State's environmental resources via compliance, permitting, habitat restoration and State Water Project (SWP) mitigation.
Environmental Compliance and Evaluation
- Provides environmental compliance services to DWR and occasionally to other State and federal agencies.
- Develops environmental documents in support of the SWP; flood protection and levee maintenance activities; and preservation and restoration of the State's ecosystem.
- Provides the Department's Wetlands, Cultural and Historic Resources Coordinator, and Environmental Site Assessments.
- Supports and participates in environmental stewardship and coordination of environmental requirements as specified in Water Resource Engineering Memorandum 58a.
- Responsible for developing scientific data and solutions for habitat restoration actions in the Yolo Bypass and the Sacramento River Basin.
- Provides support for planning and implementation of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) license for the Oroville Project and the related Habitat Expansion Agreement.
Mitigation and Restoration
- Analysis and evaluation of ecological, water resource, and restoration projects.
- Support the planning and implementation of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan and CALFED Record of Decision
- Manage mitigation projects for the SWP.
- Deploy monitoring and restoration programs for DWR and California Bay Delta Authority.