Top DWR Sites
- Director¹s Office
- Office of the Chief Counsel
- Public Affairs Office
- Legislative Affairs Office
- Office of Workforce Equality
- Delta and Statewide Water Management
- Regional Water Planning and Management
- Public Safety and Security
- State Water Project
- California Energy Resources Scheduling
- Business Operations
Provides complex scientific and environmental analyses, monitoring, and documentation to support management of California's water resources while protecting, restoring, and enhancing natural and human environments.
- Protects the quality of the State's environmental resources by complying with applicable laws, regulations, and permits; to restore, maintain and enhance habitat; and to mitigate impacts associated with the operation of the State Water Project on the natural environment.
Environmental Planning and Information
- Represent the Department in the Suisun Marsh Preservation Agreement
- Coordinate stakeholders for the CALFED Ecosystem Restoration Program
- Support the Bay-Delta Science Consortium and Interagency Ecological Program
- With a geographic focus on the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the State Water Project, provide a central focal point for the collection and dissemination of water quality information through comprehensive water quality monitoring, analysis, and assessment; applied research coupled with a quality assurance and control program.