Operations and Maintenance Training Center
4201 Sabodan Street
Bakersfield, CA 93313
Phone: (661) 858-5652
Fax: (661) 858-5655
The Department of Water Resources Operations and Maintenance Training Center is the gateway to a career as a:
- Hydroelectric Plant Electrician
- Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic
- Hydroelectric Plant Operator
- Utility Crafts Worker
Past Exams for Reference:
- Hydroelectric Plant Electrician Apprentice
- Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic Apprentice
- Hydroelectric Plant Operator Apprentice
- Utility Craftsworker Apprentice, Water Resources
Apprentice Hiring Process:
Once a year, normally in the spring, we hold a one-day File-In-Person to apply to take the apprentice exam. Identification will be required. The application can be filled out online and brought to the File-In-Person, or they will be provided.
If qualifications are met you will be given an exam date and time.
- HEP Qualification - High School Diploma or GED
- UC Qualification - Valid CA Drivers License
Dates for our 2014 Apprentice hiring process:
- Bulletin Release Date - July 2, 2014
- File-in-Person - July 17, 2014
- Written Apprentice Exam - August 16, 2014.