- Division of Environmental Services
- Office of Water Quality
- Environmental Water Quality and Estuarine Studies Branch
- Aquatic Ecology Section
- Bay-Delta Monitoring and Analysis Section
- Environmental Real Time Monitoring and Support Section
- Special Studies Research Section
- Interagency Ecological Program
Contact UsKaren Gehrts, Chief
Environmental Water Quality and Estuarine Studies Branch
3500 Industrial Blvd
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Phone: (916) 376-9694
Education:Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Marine Biology from Humboldt State University.
Research interests:Phytoplankton biology & community ecology; phytoplankton in food webs & the Delta ecosystem; non-native shrimp in the Delta.
- Brown, Tiffany, 2012, Introduction of the Siberian prawn, Exopalaemon modestus, to the San Francisco Estuary: Ten years later. PowerPoint Presentation, Abstract, IEP Workshop, April 19, 2012.
- Brown, Tiffany, 2006, Introduction of the Siberian prawn Exopalaemon modestus into the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, Poster, CALFED Biennial Conference, October 2006, and Environmental Scientist Workshop September 2006.
- Brown, Tiffany, 2006, All About Shrimp: Exopalaemon modestus in the Delta and Another Introduced Species in the Cosumnes River, PowerPoint Presentation, Environmental Scientist Workshop, September 2006.