CASGEM Online System – Public Portal
As a result of SBX7 6 (enacted in November 2009), the Department of Water Resources developed the California Statewide Groundwater Elevation Monitoring (CASGEM) Program. The CASGEM Program makes groundwater monitoring information available to the public through a collaboration between local monitoring parties and DWR to collect groundwater elevation information statewide. The data have been compiled in the CASGEM Online System and made available to the public via the Internet with a GIS map interface. As a result, all interested parties can use the data to evaluate and monitor groundwater conditions in California.
The CASGEM Online System will allow you to:
- View lists of local agencies, counties and associations who have volunteered to serve as CASGEM Monitoring Entities providing groundwater data statewide
- View CASGEM Monitoring Plans and Groundwater Management Plans (via hyperlink)
- Search and view groundwater elevation data in tabular format
- View hydrographs that show groundwater elevations for wells
- Search and view groundwater monitoring well information
- View mapped locations of CASGEM wells, monitoring area boundaries, and other geographic information
- Measure distances between wells and size of monitoring areas and basins
- Download well information, groundwater data, hydrographs and maps
- Download summary reports on wells, groundwater elevations, Monitoring Entities and basin information.
GIS Minimum Computer Requirements
The CASGEM web application has been designed to work most efficiently on computers that have the following minimum specifications:
Processor: Dual Core - 1.67 GHz CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Operating System: Windows XP
Browser: Internet Explorer 8 with Adobe Flash Player (v10.1 or higher)
If your system does not meet these specifications, the application might not perform optimally.
Note: Make sure that all the pop-up blockers are turned-off, including those that are part of Google, Yahoo, MSN or similar toolbars.
The CASGEM Online System Public User Guide is intended to provide brief answers to questions you may have on how to navigate through the Public Portal of the Online System. The Public User Guide covers several topics that include logging on, registering as a user, setting an account password, explanation of terms, navigating the system functions, and other available information. Use the link below to access the Public User Guide.
Public User Guide (Version 2.1) PDF: 10.4MB