The Disadvantaged Community Involvement Program is designated to ensure the involvement of disadvantaged communities (DACs), economically distressed areas (EDAs), or underrepresented communities (collectively referred to as DACs) in IRWM planning efforts. The Proposition 1 2016 IRWM Guidelines establish the general process, procedures, and criteria that DWR will use to implement the IRWM DAC Involvement Program. The DAC Involvement Request for Proposals (RFP) provides the details for the proposal and award process. Please see below for the final DAC Involvement RFP.
|Project Manager||Craig Cross||(916) 651-9204||Craig.Cross@water.ca.gov|
DWR is making not less than $51 million (10% of the total $510 million) available for cooperative Funding Area-wide efforts; the minimum amount of funding for a Funding Area is listed below. For Eligible Activities, please reference Table 3 in the RFP.
- 2016 DAC Involvement RFP [PDF] (344 KB)
- Proposition 1 2016 IRWM Guidelines
- Attachment 1 - DAC Involvement Needs Assessment Template [Excel] (15 KB)
A public workshop will be held on August 18, 2016, to discuss the RFP. Details regarding the workshop are located on the Program Schedule/Upcomming Events page.
|Funding Area||Minimum Available Funds|
|Central Coast||$4,300,000||Los Angeles||$9,800,000|
As part of the Proposition 84 IRWM program, DWR previously supported DAC evaluations and engagement projects. In general, the purpose of those studies was to engage and outreach to DACs, conduct needs assessments related to water and wastewater management in the communities, and support DAC involvement in IRWM planning. The final reports from those studies, along with a recommendation report that summarizes the efforts and other related DAC resources, can be found at the links below.
DWR encourages potential participants in the DAC Involvement Program to review the resources below for assistance in developing a proposal that builds off these prior efforts.
- DAC 2014 Visioning Workshop
- Coachella Valley DAC Outreach Demonstration Project
- DACs and the Inyo-Mono IRWM Program
- Economically Disadvantaged Communities in the North Coast Region
- Greater Los Angeles County DAC Outreach Evaluation Study
- Kings Basin DAC Pilot Project Study
- Santa Cruz IRWM, DAC Outreach Pilot Project Report & City of Watsonville Projects 2014
- Tulare Lake Basin DAC Study
- Californians without Safe Water and Sanitation, California Water Plan Update 2013
- Governor's Drinking Water Stakeholder Group, Report on New and Expanded Funding Sources
DWR is working closely with the SWRCB's Office of Sustainable Water Solutions for the DAC Involvement Program and the SWRCB’s Proposition 1 Technical Assistance Program. To learn more about SWRCB programs, click [here].