On November 4, 2014, California voters approved Proposition 1, the Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014. Proposition 1 authorized the appropriation of $510 million in Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) funding for Implementation, Planning, and Disadvantaged Community Involvement efforts to each Funding Area.
The Proposition 1 IRWM Grant Program, administered by DWR, provides funding for projects that help meet the long term water needs of the state, including:
- To assist water infrastructure systems adapt to climate change;
- To provide incentives throughout each watershed to collaborate in managing the region's water resources and setting regional priorities for water infrastructure; and
- To improve regional water self-reliance, while reducing reliance on Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
The draft Guidelines and the funding opportunities in the Proposition 1 IRWM Grant Program are listed below:
- Planning Grants
- Disadvantaged Community Involvement Program
- Implementation Grants, which includes funding for DAC Projects
|Funding Area||Proposition 1 Allocation|
|San Francisco Bay Area||$65,000,000|
|San Joaquin River||$31,000,000|
For IRWM group point of contact information, please visit the IRWM Planning Regions Contact List.
Note: The GIS and contact information presented in this map has been provided to DWR by the participating planning regions and is subject to change. To comment on the information presented in the IRWM funding area contact/map documents, please contact DWR at DWR_IRWM@water.ca.gov.