- Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation
- North-of-the-Delta Offstream Storage (NODOS) Updated!
- In-Delta Storage
- Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation
- San Luis Reservoir Enlargement
- Coordination to facilitate the resolution of study issues
- Coordination with other ongoing activities such as the California Water Plan Update and Authority’s Year 4 Water Use Efficiency Evaluation
- Development of technical tools and coordination of their use among the surface storage investigation study teams
- Briefings to the Bay-Delta Public Advisory Committee’s Water Supply Subcommittee and its technical representatives
The Core Team comprises management representatives from DWR, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, and the Authority. This team provides overall direction to the Common Assumptions process.
The Technical Coordination Team comprises technical staff from DWR, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, and consultants. This team works on the refinement and development of common model packages for the existing and future no-action conditions. This team focuses on the following areas:
- Consistent application of operations models
- Development of common systems operations reporting metrics
- Consistency in use of models and validation of consistency of modeling results
- Development of cumulative impact analysis
The Economics and Cost Estimation Team comprises economists from DWR, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, and consultants. This team works on the refinement and development of common economics models and cost estimation methodology.
The Characterization Team comprises technical staff from DWR, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, and consultants. This team works on characterization and quantification of water transfers, conservation, recycling, conjunctive use, and other local supply projects.
The Project Management Teams comprise storage project managers from DWR and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation. These teams will apply common tools, methodology, and assumptions to analyses of their individual storage projects.
Common Assumptions Team Structure