- Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation
- North-of-the-Delta Offstream Storage (NODOS) Updated!
- In-Delta Storage
- Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation
- San Luis Reservoir Enlargement
Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation
The Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation objectives are to use an expanded Los Vaqueros Reservoir system to:
- Develop water supplies for environmental water management that supports fish protection, habitat management, and other environmental water needs.
- Increase water supply reliability for water providers within the San Francisco Bay Area, to help meet municipal and industrial water demands during drought periods and emergencies or to address shortages due to regulatory and environmental restrictions.
Improve the quality of water deliveries to municipal and industrial customers in the San Francisco Bay Area, without impairing the project’s ability to meet the environmental and water supply reliability objectives stated above.
The Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation is taking a two step approach. The CCWD Board certified a Final EIR and approved an expansion from 100 TAF to 160 TAF on March 31, 2010. CCWD has completed design and is moving forward with construction scheduled to begin in 2011. With additional funding, local, state, and federal partners may choose to continue to study the feasibility of a 275 TAF expansion alternative in the context of other Delta initiatives to improve Delta conveyance and better protect Delta fisheries, including long-term programs being explored in the BDCP.
View the CCWD Board agenda here.
- Final Environmental Impact Report/ Environmental Impact Statement (Final EIR/EIS) (3/2010)
- Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (Draft EIR/EIS) (2/2009)
- Final, Initial Economic Evaluation for Plan Formulation Report (7/2006)
- Notice of Initiation of Federal Feasibility Studies (pdf 1.5 MB)
- Scoping meetings (1/2006)
- Notice of Preparation/Notice of Intent (NOP/NOI) for environmental documentation (EIR/EIS) (12/2005-1/2006)
- Initial Alternatives Information Report (9/2005)
To submit comments or questions to DWR staff, please
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org