- Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation
- North-of-the-Delta Offstream Storage (NODOS)
- In-Delta Storage
- Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation
A new era of project formulation is indicated by a broad array of benefits including restoration actions for the Sacramento River and the Delta supported by a dedicated Ecosystem Restoration Account, improved water supply reliability for urban, agricultural and environmental (Environmental Water Account and refuge) users, and improved Delta water quality for both aquatic species and human consumption.
DWR and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation are working in partnership with local, regional, State, and federal agencies, and stakeholders to study these North-of-the-Delta Offstream Storage opportunities.
- Increase water supplies to meet existing contract requirements, including improved water supply reliability, and provide greater flexibility in water management for agricultural, environmental, and municipal and industrial (M&I) users
- Increase the survival of anadromous fish populations in the Sacramento River as well as the health and survivability of other aquatic species
- Improve Delta Water Quality
- Provide ancillary hydropower benefits to the statewide power grid
- Develop additional recreational opportunities
- Create incremental flood-damage reduction opportunities to support the northern California flood management system
- DWR and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, in coordination with the Planning Partnership, are preparing a site-specific Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report.
- DWR and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation are developing Federal planning documents.
- Complete Feasibility Report and EIS/EIR by Winter 2010
- NODOS Plan Formulation Letter (5/2009)
- NODOS Plan Formulation Report (9/2008)
- NODOS Initial Alternatives Information Report (5/2006)
- Notice of Initiation of Federal Feasibility Studies (pdf 1.5 MB)
- Scoping Report (10/2002)
- Public scoping (1/2002)
- Notice of Preparation and Notice of Intent filed and published (11/2001)
- Memorandum of Understanding between local water agencies and CALFED agencies (11/2000)
- NODOS Progress Report (7/2000) for updated versions of CALFED Progress Reports please see Public Documents
To submit comments or questions to DWR staff, please
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org