- Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation
- North-of-the-Delta Offstream Storage (NODOS) Updated!
- In-Delta Storage
- Los Vaqueros Expansion Investigation
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation
- San Luis Reservoir Enlargement
The new era approach is revealed by the investigation’s emphasis on how Upper San Joaquin Storage can enhance the San Joaquin River restoration efforts and improve supply reliability for agricultural, municipal and industrial, and environmental uses in the Friant Division, the San Joaquin Valley, and other regions of the State. Additional storage will also provide flood damage reduction benefits.
The Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation is a feasibility study of new surface water storage that is being performed by the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) in collaboration with the California Department of Water Resources.
The purpose of the investigation is to determine the type and extent of federal, state, and regional interests in a potential dam project in the upper San Joaquin River watershed to expand water storage capacity; improve water supply reliability and flexibility for agricultural, urban, and environmental uses; and enhance San Joaquin River water temperature and flow conditions to support anadromous fish restoration efforts.Reclamation released a Draft Feasibility Report in February 2014 that provides an in depth examination into the potential construction of a new dam and reservoir on the upper San Joaquin River, between Friant and Kerckoff dams.
- Complete EIS/EIR by Fall 2014
The following documents have been completed:
- Draft Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation Feasibility Report (1/2014)
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation Plan Formulation Report (Signed Letter) (5/2009)
- Upper San Joaquin River Basin Storage Investigation Plan Formulation Report (9/2008)
- Notice of Initiation of Federal Feasibility Studies (pdf 1.5 MB)
- Archived Newsletters: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/news_info.html
- Latest newsletter : http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/docs/Winter_2005-2006_newsletter.pdf
- Initial Alternatives Information Report (6/2005): http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/docs/initial_alt_info/index.html
- EIR/EIS Scoping Report (12/2004): http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/docs/final_scoping_rpt_12-2004.pdf
- Phase 1 report (10/2003): http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/docs/phase1_rpt_fnl/index.html
Please visit the Reclamation website http://www.usbr.gov/mp/sccao/storage/ for additional information.