The California Water Code requires the Department of Water Resources (DWR) to publish an update of the California Water Plan (Bulletin 160) every five years. Since 1957, the California Water Plan has been updated 11 times. The most recent update is Update 2013, published in October 2014.
DWR is currently in the process of developing California Water Plan Update 2018.
The original Water Plan was published in 1957 as Bulletin 3. Bulletin 160, which evaluates water supplies and assesses agricultural, urban, and environmental water uses are the successors to Bulletin 3. Bulletins 1 and 25 laid the foundations for what would later become the Water Plan.
- Bulletin 160-13, California Water Plan Update 2013, Investing in Innovation and Infrastructure, October 2014
- Bulletin 160-09, California Water Plan Update 2009, Integrated Water Management, March 2010
- Bulletin 160-05, California Water Plan Update 2005, A Framework for Action, December 2005
- Bulletin 160-98, The California Water Plan Update, November 1998
- Bulletin 160-93, California Water Plan Update, October 1994
- Bulletin 160-87, California Water: Looking to the Future, November 1987
- Bulletin 160-83, California Water Plan, Projected Use and Available Water Supplies to 2010, December 1983
- Bulletin 160-74, The California Water Plan Outlook in 1974, November 1974
- Bulletin 160-70, Water For California - Outlook in 1970, December 1970
- Bulletin 160-66, Implementation of the California Water Plan, March 1966
- Bulletin 3, The California Water Plan, May 1957
- Bulletin 1, published in 1951
- Bulletin 25, published in 1930
- Irrigation of Twelve Million Acres in the Valley of California , published in 1919
The annual reports provided field information on population, land use, water use, surface water supply, and groundwater. Please contact us for copies of annual data that is not in electronic format.
If you have questions regarding previous Water Plan updates, you can contact at email@example.com.