This grant program will fund agricultural water use efficiency projects. Urban water conservation efforts will be funded through directed actions (see “Other Financial Assistance”) and the CalConserve Revolving Fund 2015 Loan Program. This particular water use efficiency Guidelines and Proposal Solicitation Package (PSP) directly supports California Water Plan - Action Number One: Make Conservation a California Way of Life, as well as supporting several other Actions, either directly or indirectly. For the California Water Action Plan, click here [PDF]. Funding through this program is also directed towards agricultural water management planning and water use efficiency projects and programs developed pursuant to Part 2.8 (commencing with Section 10800) of Division 6 of the California Water Code. [PDF].
All applications must be submitted online through the Grants Review and Tracking System (GRanTS).
• Section A, Implementation Projects: Agricultural water use efficiency implementation projects providing measurable benefits to the State.
• Section B, Other Projects: Agricultural water use efficiency projects that produce potential benefits to the State including: Technical Assistance; Planning, Feasibility Studies, and Pilot Projects; Research and Development; and, Training, Education, and Public Outreach
Public agencies, local agencies, joint powers authorities, public water/irrigation districts, federally recognized and state NAHC-listed Indian tribes, nonprofit organizations, other political subdivisions of the state involved with agricultural water management. Investor-owned utilities regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission and mutual water companies involved with agricultural water management are also eligible for Section A, implementation projects. Universities and colleges, state, and federal agencies are also eligible for Section B projects.
Final Agricultural Water Use Efficiency 2015 Grants – Proposition 1 Guidelines and Proposal Solicitation Package (1/27/2016) [PDF] [DOC]
- Application Template (Attachments 1 to 15) [DOC]
- Budget Tables (Attachment 6) [XLS]
Final Guidelines and Proposal Solicitation Package Exhibits (1/27/2016) [PDF] [DOC]
|February 10, 2016
10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Department of Water Resources
Large Conference Room, 2nd Floor
901 P Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(Workshop will also be webcast – See Agenda [PDF]
The public comment period for the Draft Agricultural Water Use Efficiency 2015 Grant Program - Proposition 1 PSP closed November 6, 2015.
- Reference 1- Monitoring Plan Guideline for Project Performance
- Water Code Compliance Requirements
- GHG Assessment for CEQA Purposes: Informal Guidance for Water Related Issues.