- Division of Environmental Services
- Office of Water Quality
- Environmental Water Quality and Estuarine Studies Branch
- Aquatic Ecology Section
- Bay-Delta Monitoring and Analysis Section
- Environmental Real Time Monitoring and Support Section
- Special Studies Research Section
- Interagency Ecological Program
Contact UsKaren Gehrts, Chief
Environmental Water Quality and Estuarine Studies Branch
3500 Industrial Blvd
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Phone: (916) 375-4825
Welcome to the Aquatic Ecology Section at DWR. We are an integral member of the Interagency Ecological Program, a group of State and Federal agencies, as well as university and private scientists, who conduct long-term monitoring and applied research in the San Francsico Estuary directed towards effective management.
Our primary task is the design and implementation applied research and retrospective data analyses to further our understanding of estuarine ecology, leading to information useful to the management and conservation of the San Francisco Estuary.
We also develop partnerships and collaborations through the Interagency Ecological Program, the CALFED Science Program and the Bay-Delta Science Consortium that foster interdisciplinary applied research studies.