Department of Water Resources
3310 El Camino Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95821
P.O. Box 219000
Sacramento, CA 95821-9000
The purpose of the FloodSAFE Strategic Plan is to capture a shared vision for success, enroll broad participation, and serve as a cornerstone to focus massive efforts. The Department of Water Resources (DWR) alone cannot accomplish the FloodSAFE vision; active participation by numerous partners and stakeholders throughout California will be essential to program success.
DWR has used this draft document extensively to guide development and early implementation of the FloodSAFE Initiative
Comments on the Draft Strategic Plan
DWR invited review and comment on the draft FloodSAFE Strategic Plan, and written comments received as of the July 25, 2008 submittal deadline are available at the links below:
- Comment Letter (Constancio) (PDF: 45KB)
- Comment Letter (Conaway Preservation Group) (PDF: 91KB)
- Comment Letter (Jordan) (PDF: 3.4MB)
- Comment Letter (Reclamation District 2035) (PDF: 382KB)
In addition, DWR accepted public comment on the draft FloodSAFE Strategic Plan during a series of FloodSAFE Stakeholder Briefings held throughout California in June and July 2008. Comments received have been captured in the briefing summaries posted below:
- June 9, 2008 - Sacramento (PDF: 34KB)
- June 19, 2008 - Clovis (PDF: 36KB)
- June 25, 2008 - Chico (PDF: 32KB)
- June 26, 2008 - Stockton (PDF: 43KB)
- June 27, 2008 - San Jose (PDF: 24KB)
- July 10, 2008 - San Diego (PDF: 25KB)
- July 11, 2008 - Rancho Cucamonga (PDF: 21MB)
- July 21, 2008 - Ventura (PDF: 28KB)
All comments received will be considered during final editing of the Strategic Plan. (No written responses to comments will be provided.)
Based on content in the draft FloodSAFE Strategic Plan and comments received on the draft, DWR is defining the next level of detail by developing a FloodSAFE Implementation Plan to help organize and manage FloodSAFE work. Upon completion of a stable draft of the FloodSAFE Implementation Plan, the FloodSAFE Strategic Plan will be refined and finalized, expected mid-2010. The Strategic Plan may be updated periodically as needed to reflect changing conditions within the system.
If you have comments, suggestions or concerns about FloodSAFE California, please email us, or send a letter to the mailing address shown to the left.