Emergency Contacts

State Water Project – Report incidents and emergencies related to SWP facilities to (916) 574-2714.

Flood Operations Center – Report flood incidents or obtain river forecasts, general water conditions, and flood information to (800) 952-5530.

Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (State Warning Center) Report incidents and emergencies related to hazardous materials or spills to (916) 845-8911.


Street Address
California Department of Water Resources
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Mailing Address

California Department of Water Resources
P.O. Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001

(916) 653-5791

Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We're closed on
state holidays

See Regional Offices and Field Divisions for contact information.

Public Records Act Requests

The California Constitution and the California Public Records Act, Government Code Section 6250-6276.48 et seq., guarantee the fundamental right of people to access information contained in state government records.

The Department of Water Resources has established these guidelines to ensure that members of the public fully understand and are afforded the opportunity to exercise their right to inspect and obtain copies of public records.  

To obtain records, contact the Records and Content Management (RCM) Public Records Coordinator at pubrec@water.ca.gov or at (916) 653-7755 or you may fax your request to (916) 654-5506.

For other record questions or concerns, contact the Chief, RCM, at (916) 653-9313.



 The Public Affairs Office is the primary point of contact for news media, organizations, and the general public seeking information about our programs.